Church Family –
By faith we are pursuing this mission, trusting in God’s leadership and working together for His glory. Over the last several years we have seen seeds planted, various aspects of growth, and even fruit! Consider, by way of example, our ministry to the teachers and students at Parmley Elementary or our coming alongside leaders with Under-Over Ministries to serve some of the marginalized in our community.
This past year, God has led our CBC family through a season of serving one another as the Lord called home some beloved members of our church family. Throughout this season we have been given an opportunity to love and support one another, as well as many extended family and friends in the community. We have shared comfort and hope. These are ways in which God has led us into the Lake Conroe area to share His love, grace, and good news. It is exciting to see God at work in new and fresh ways through the His people — through you!
Seeking the Lord’s leading for this body is how we pray throughout the year. As we bring the next few years into focus, the Elders have commissioned Chris to lead the administrative process of strategic planning.
We believe God is on the move at CBC. We are excited about taking the “next step” with Him in the life of Conroe Bible Church.
Starting in August, a recruited team (a mix of staff leadership and members) will begin discussions as to what this “next step” might be. Practically speaking, we will be seeking God’s guidance in discerning and formulating Vision and Mission statements. Also, a detailed questionnaire (link below) is being offered to the body at large for providing insight and feedback. This will help the leadership to discern CBC’s current reality, which will include the perspectives, wisdom, needs, and opportunities that will allow us to identify organizational needs and establish goals for moving forward with the “next step” for CBC.
The culmination of this coordinated effort will reveal a strategic plan for this “next step” at CBC, trusting in and submitting to God’s leadership in each phase. We are truly depending upon God’s guidance. We could use your help, too. There is one body, yet it is made up of many members. As members of the body at CBC, your support and involvement is very important to us.
How can you help?
- Pray for CBC:
- that we will keep our eyes fixed upon Christ and His leadership for CBC;
- for wisdom in discerning God’s will as we go forward;
- for guidance in making the best use of the feedback we acquire;
- for grace that the leadership and the process would be successful and timely;
- that God would provide for and bless the time and resources invested in this process;
- and give thanks for the time and energy generously donated by the individuals involved.
- Encourage the individuals you know are involved, as well as the church leadership.
- Graciously offer the time needed to complete this online questionnaire.
- Dream with us! Dream about your “next step” as well.
- What has God designed you for?
- God has equipped and gifted each one of us for the building up of the Body.
- What is God calling you into? Maybe we don’t have that ministry…
We will celebrate 50 years as a church family in just three years. We are excited about God using this process to launch us into the next 50 years! We are excited to see where He will lead us!
For His glory,
Dave, Chris, and the Elder Board